Most Visited Destinations of India - Dream Places to Visit
Though the list of travel attraction is big, but I have compiled few that I found interesting for domestic as well overland travellers.
Reflecting the aeonian theme of love and exhibiting beauty through pure white marbles, Taj Mahal stands high on the banks of Yamuna river in Agra. One of the Seven Wonders of the World, Taj Mahal is an integral part of India, built in the memory of Mumtaz Mahal by Shah Jahan in 1653 A.D. Around 20,000 and more labours gave their heart and soul for the royal imagination of Shah Jahan. Taj Mahal features some beautiful gardens, a mosque and a prayer house which exist within its premises and completes this grandiose structure.
- Nearby Attractions of Taj Mahal: Mehtab Bagh | Agra Fort | Jama Masjid |Itimad-Ud-Daulah's Tomb
- Get Directions To Reach Taj Mahal
- How to Reach Taj Mahal
- Taj Mahal Timings : Open from 6 AM to 6.30 PM every day for the public except Fridays. On Friday, it is only accessible to Muslims for afternoon prayers.
- Taj Mahal Official Website: https://www.tajmahal.gov.in/
Also Read: Things to See and Do in Agra, India
- Nearby Attractions of Golden Temple: Akal Takht| Dukh Bhanjani Ber Tree |Jallianwalah Bagh
- Get Directions to reach Golden Temple
- How to Reach Golden Temple?
- Golden Temple Timings: 6:30 AM - 7:30 PM
- Golden Temple Official Website: https://www.goldentempleamritsar.org/
India boasts classy history which is mainly famous for unique artistry and sculpture authenticity in various places. Khajuraho temples are counted among those structures that reveal a drastic and unrivaled mix of art, culture and creation. These group of temples at Khajuraho represent the real form of India which is visible in its ethnic craftship. The marvelous art carved on the walls of temples are immensely fascinating and captivating. Visit to Khajuraho temples in India can be a perfect worth for time and money.
- Nearby Attractions of Madurai Temple: Thirumalai Nayakar Mahal | Koodal Azhagar Temple | Banana Market.
- Get Directions to Meenakshi Temple
- How To Reach Meenakshi Temple?
- Meenakshi Temple Timings: Morning - 5.00 AM to 12.30 PM | Evening: 4.00 PM to 10.00 PM
- Meenakshi Temple Official Website: - http://maduraimeenakshitemple.com/
Jim Corbett National Park
Nestled in the foothills of Himalayas, Jim Corbett National Park offers a terrible stock of endangered animal and plant species. Exotic wildlife surviving at natural habitat in Jim Corbett makes the park a perfect spot for tourism. Specially the presence of endangered Bengal Tigers is the main driving force for many tourists worldwide. Tourists can visit the region for unrivalled wildlife safari, Bird watching, canter safari and an outstanding experience.
- How to Reach Jim Corbett National Park
- Jim Corbett Timings for Safaris: Morning - 6:30 AM - 10:00 AM | Afternoon - 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
- Jim Corbett Official Website: https://uttarakhandtourism.gov.in/activity/corbett-national-park-2/
Hawa Mahal, Rajasthan
Constructed in 1799 by Rajput Raja, Maharaja Sawai Pratap, the Hawa Mahal is a splendid structure, made of red and pink sandstone, and an example of amazing creativeness during the age of Rajput rulers. Hawa Mahal is a captivating mix of Rajput and Mughal styles of design. It was built at a time when 'purdah system’( i.e the Royal women should not be a subject to the public eye) was followed in India. Thereby, Hawa Mahal was made for the royal ladies to watch the clamoring city life and the dynamic celebrations, while avoiding them from general visibility. The five-storeyed Hawa Mahal was built to resemble the crown of Krishna, a Hindu god, as the Great Maharaja Sawai Pratap was his devotee.
- Nearby Attractions of Hawa Mahal: Jantar Mantar | Johri Bazaar | City Palace
- Get Directions to Reach Hawa Mahal
- How To Reach Hawa Mahal
- Hawa Mahal Timings: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Hawa Mahal Entry Fee: Indian Tourists: INR 50 per head | Foreign Tourists: INR 200 per head
- Hawa Mahal Official Govt Website: http://www.tourism.rajasthan.gov.in/hawa-mahal.html
Gateway of India, Mumbai
Built in Indo-Saracenic style, the foundation stone for the Gateway of India was laid on 31 March 1911. The structure is an arch made of basalt, 26 metres (85 feet) high. The final design of George Wittet was sanctioned in 1914 and the construction of the monument was completed in 1924. The Gateway was later used as a symbolic ceremonial entrance to India for Viceroys and the new Governors of Bombay. It served to allow entry and access to India. Overlooking the Arabian Sea, it is often referred to as the Taj Mahal of Mumbai.
- Nearby Attractions of Gateway of India: Prince of Wales Museum | Jehangir Art Gallery | Colaba Causeway | Knesset Eliyahoo
- Get Directions to Reach Gateway of India
- How To Reach Gateway of India
- Gateway of India Timings: Throughout the day
- Gateway of India Entry Fee: Free
- Gateway of India Official Govt Website : https://mumbaicity.gov.in/tourist-place/gateway-of-india/
Konark Sun Temple, Odissha
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is one of the magnanimous sun temples in India and popular amongst domestic and overland travellers. According to stats, approximate 2.5 million people visit this monument every year. An absolute delightful figure for any non-Mughal monument in India. The temple is in form of chariot and its stone walls are engraved with thousands of images of deities, people, birds, animals, and mythological creatures.
- Nearby Attractions of Konark Sun Temple: ASI Museum | Astranga Beach | Chandrabhaga Beach | Konark Dance Festival
- Get Directions to Reach Konark Sun Temple
- How To Reach Konark Sun Temple
- Konark Sun Temple Timing : 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Konark Sun Temple Fee: Indian Nationals: INR 30 | Foreign Nationals: INR 500
- Konark Sun Temple Official Govt Website: http://konark.nic.in/
Periyar National Park, Kerala
Also known as Periyar Tiger Reserve, this national park is located in the mountainous Western Ghats of Kerala, Southern India. Apart from being a Home to Tigers and a substantial elephant population, you will also be able to see lion-tailed macaques, sambar deer, leopards and Indian bison. Periyar Lake is also popular for boat rides.
- Nearby Attractions of Periyar National Park : Periyar Tiger Trail | Bamboo Rafting | Mudra Culture Center
- Get Directions to Reach Periyar National Park
- How To Reach Periyar National Park
- Periyar National Park Timing: 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM | Night Safari after 8:00 PM
- Periyar National Park Fee: Indian Nationals: INR 45 | Foreign Nationals: INR 500
- Periyar National Park Official Govt Website: http://forest.kerala.gov.in/index.php/reserve-notifications/wildlife/periyar-east-and-west
India Gate, New Delhi
The India Gate is one of the primary attractions of New Delhi, located at the heart of India’s capital city. Built as a war memorial, India Gate is dedicated to honor the soldiers of the Undivided Indian Army who died during World War I between 1914 and 1921. People visit the India Gate to walk on the green lawns, surrounding the monument, for a leisurely evening, enjoying the light show at the fountains along with snacking on street food.
- Nearby Attractions of India Gate: National War Memorial | Purana Qila | Pragati Madan | Khan Market
- Get Directions To Reach India Gate
- How to Reach India Gate
- India Gate Timing : All Time
- India Gate Entry Fee : No Entry Fee
- India Gate Official Govt Website: http://delhitourism.gov.in/delhitourism/tourist_place/india_gate.jsp